New England College (NEC) is a regionally accredited, private college grounded in the liberal arts and located in Henniker, New Hampshire. Founded in 1946, NEC was established to educate servicemembers returning home after World War II.
New England College prepares students in a manner that is robust, thorough and engaging. Through an approach known as experiential learning, or learning by doing, our professors incorporate hands-on experience into the coursework so our students graduate with more than just a diploma.
13:1 student to faculty ratio
1,129 undergraduate students
728 graduate students
40% diversity enrollment
AccreditationNew England College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. (NEASC), the nation’s oldest accrediting association, through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
FacultyOur faculty are truly committed to personalizing the academic experience. You’ll receive individual attention via phone, email, skype, discussion boards, chat rooms, you name it. Your teachers are your resources.
Rankings & Accolades
U.S. News & World Report
- Regional Universities North listing
- Best Online Bachelor’s Programs ranking
Military Advanced Education
- Top Military-Friendly University designation
- Military-Friendly® School designation
Yellow Ribbon Program
- NEC is a proud participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program, which provides eligible veterans and their dependents with additional funds for tuition and fees that exceed education benefits available through the Post-9/11 GI Bill®.
Learn more about New England College