New England College Now Offering Special Military Tuition Rate to Active-Duty Servicemembers, Spouses and Dependents
Effective immediately, special rate of $750 per 4-credit course is available for undergraduate degree programs offered 100% online.
Released: December 14, 2012
New England College is delighted to announce that, effective immediately, it is offering a special military tuition rate that will provide substantial savings to all active-duty servicemembers and their spouses and dependents.
The military tuition rate of $750 per 4-credit course – which represents a 52% savings – applies to all undergraduate degree programs offered 100% online, and is also available to Reservists and Guardsmen who are called to active duty. New England College’s 4-credit courses allow students to graduate faster – in as few as 16 months for an associate’s degree and 28 months for a bachelor’s degree.
New England College (NEC) was founded in 1946 to meet the educational needs of veterans returning from World War II and remains proudly committed to serving our nation’s heroes. It recently was honored by G.I. Jobs as a Military Friendly School for 2013, the fourth consecutive year it has received the coveted designation.
“New England College is dedicated to promoting the professional and personal growth of servicemembers and their families by providing them with a top-class education at a special tuition rate,” said Professor Philip Huckins, Director of Veterans Services. “Honoring the sacrifices of America’s military is a founding principle and decades-long tradition of NEC.”
In addition to the special undergraduate tuition rate, NEC offers an extensive selection of programs and benefits to active-duty personnel, veterans, and military spouses and dependents, including:
- Special Military Pricing: Reservists, Guardsmen, veterans, spouses and dependents of disabled or deceased veterans receive an exclusive 10% savings on undergraduate tuition.
- Flexible 100% Online Programs: Studies can be balanced with military deployments and active-duty schedules, as well as with family responsibilities.
- No Exit Penalties: When duty assignments arise, servicemembers can exit and re-enter degree programs online without penalty.
- Valuable Memberships:NEC is a member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) Consortium and a participant in the Post-9/11 GI Bill Yellow Ribbon Program.
- ACE Credits: NEC acknowledges the value of military training and evaluates SMART transcripts for credit transfer. NEC also accepts DANTES and PONSI credits.
New England College provides servicemembers, veterans and their families with access to knowledge and skills valued by employers, through 100% online degree programs, including:
- Associate of Arts in Liberal Studies
- Associate of Arts in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, with an option of four specializations:
- Computer Science
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration
NEC’s online undergraduate degree programs, which are powered through University Alliance technology, feature professor-led instruction with video-based lectures, interactive chat rooms, and downloadable MP3 and MP4 lectures.
For more information about NEC’s online degrees and military-friendly programs, visit www.newenglandcollegeonline.com/military.
About New England College
Founded in 1946 in Henniker, New Hampshire, New England College (NEC) began as an educational institution for servicemembers returning from war. Today, NEC is home to undergraduate and graduate students from more than 30 states and 20 countries. Rooted in a strong liberal arts foundation, NEC promotes personal achievement, civic engagement and social responsibility. The college is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. (NEASC) through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
About University Alliance
The University Alliance (UA) facilitates the promotion and online delivery of associate’s, bachelor’s and master’s degrees as well as professional certificate programs from the nation’s leading traditional universities and institutions. Powered by UA’s technology and support services, its university partners have surpassed 450,000 online enrollments – making UA the largest facilitator of e-learning in the country. University partners include Villanova University, the University of Notre Dame’s Mendoza College of Business, Florida Institute of Technology, Michigan State University, University of Florida, New England College, University of San Francisco, Jacksonville University, University of Vermont, The University of Scranton, and Dominican University.