United States Military Veteran
A Commitment to Serve Those Who Serve Our Country
New England College was founded in 1946 to serve the educational needs of the service men and women returning home at the close of World War II. In keeping with that founding mission, NEC proudly welcomes students with military service and provides substantial financial assistance, support services and benefits including:
- Special Military Tuition Rate – Active-duty servicemembers of all military branches seeking an undergraduate degree from NEC can attend for only $187.50 per credit hour. Reservists and Guardsmen are eligible if activated, mobilized or recalled to active duty.
- Special Military Pricing – Veterans, spouses and dependents of disabled or deceased veterans receive an exclusive 10% savings on undergraduate tuition, while Reservists and Guardsmen non-activated receive a flat rate of $1,000 per course.
- ACE Credits – Because NEC recognizes the value of your military training, we evaluate SMART transcripts for credit transfer and accept DANTES and PONSI credits. This previous experience could possibly be applied as college credit and ultimately reduce the time it takes to complete your undergraduate degree. Individuals who have served in the military and are applying to NEC’s degree programs online should arrange for transcripts to be sent through the American Council on Education (ACE), depending on the branch of the military (SMARTS, AARTS, or Community College of the Air Force). ACE transcripts can be requested through ACE at www.acenet.edu.
- Study Anytime, Anywhere – Undergraduate degrees are offered 100% online so your studies never have to interfere with your duties. As long as you have an Internet connection and computer, you can access coursework 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from anywhere in the world. When you’re deployed to other locations, your coursework will be waiting for you.
- Uninterrupted Study – Never again will a military assignment or transfer force you to halt your online military degree studies or military career advancement.
- Exit and Re-enter the Program – Military personnel with temporary duty assignments may exit and re-enter their degree program online with no penalties.
- No Application Fee – There is no application fee for any student in our degree programs online.
- Membership That Benefits You – We are a proud participant in the Post-9/11 G.I. Bill® Yellow Ribbon Program.
Attend a “Military Friendly School” Online
New England College is dedicated to helping active-duty servicemembers, veterans and reservists take full advantage of their military education benefits. It’s a commitment that has earned us the label of being a "military friendly school" by G.I. Jobs magazine.
Military Toll-Free Telephone Number: 855-821-7363
International Telephone Number: 011 1-813-612-8168
External Military Resources
Obtaining Military Service Transcripts
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.